I. Ongoing Classes
Shabbat Torah Study ~ 9 a.m. every Saturday.
Talmud: Modern Ideas from an Ancient Text ~
Thursdays at 11:30 a.m. Note new day and time.
Judaism & Meditation ~
First Tuesday of each month at 7:30 p.m., beginning on October 2nd.
II. Special Events – October/November
Adult Ed Discussion Brunch Oct. 27
Vassar Temple Adult Education Committee invites everyone to attend a free discussion and brunch here at the Temple on Sun. Oct. 27 at 12:30pm. We will be discussing the Resnick Lectures on Jewish American Life that are being held at SUNY New Paltz on select Wednesday evenings this fall. The complete schedule of lectures follows, and we particularly encourage you to attend Oct. 16th’s lecture “Emma Lazarus and the future of the American Jewish Community”. For further information about the Discussion Brunch, and to RSVP, please contact Dan Scherrer at firstname.lastname@example.org .
“JEWISH COMMUNITIES AND THE UNEASY FUTURE”
- September 11: “Is the East European Chapter of Jewish History Closed?” (Zvi Gitelman, Emeritus Professor, U. of Michigan)
- September 18: “The Berlin Jewish Community: Past, Present, and Future” (Lilian Weisberg, University of Pennsylvania)
- September 25: “The Politics of Jewish Vulnerability in 1930s Poland” (Kenneth Moss, Johns Hopkins University)
- October 2: “France and the Jews: An Entangled History” (David Bell, Princeton University)
- October 16: “Emma Lazarus and the future of the American Jewish Community”(Annie Polland, American Jewish Historical Society)
- October 23: “The Witness Avengers: Armenian and Jewish Assassins on Trial, 1921 and 1927” (Carolyn Dean, Yale University)
Lecture Schedule: All lectures Wednesdays 7:30pm, Lecture Center Rm. 104, SUNY New Paltz
Stay tuned …
Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org