Welcome to Vassar Temple
Join a Reform congregation with a rich history and discover the powerful relevance of Judaism today.
Participate in projects that improve our world.
Delight in spiritual and intellectual growth.
Share your joys and challenges and achieve a sense of peace and belonging.
Enjoy opportunities for prayer, learning, social interaction, and Jewish and personal life-cycle support.
Enrich your life with meaningful rituals, caring friendships, and joyful celebrations.
Join a welcoming congregation where you are accepted as you are at any level of involvement.
New Year’s Day Gourmet Brunch
10:30am to 2pm, January 1, 2019
To ring in the New Year, Vassar Temple invites the congregation and your friends to join us at a New Year’s Day brunch at Vassar Temple. Join us at the Temple, where you can relax and begin the New Year with good friends. The cost is $45 per person, $20 for children under 12, and children 2 and younger are free.
The menu, which is subject to change, will include:
- Bagel bar with Assorted Bagels, Cream Cheese, Butter, Jam, Lox, Tomatoes, Red Onion, and Capers
- Assorted Fruit
- Chopped Salad of Lettuce, Goat Cheese, Avocado, Dates, Red Onion and Olives in a Champagne Vinaigrette
- Potato Salad with Lox, Horseradish and Crème Fraiche;
- Blintzes and/or Waffles
- Mushroom Ragu over Croissant with Fried Eggs
- Fish Chowder
- Swordfish Stuffed with Parmesan, Breadcrumbs and Garlic in a White Wine and Mustard Reduction
- Eggplant Parmesan
- Assorted Bundt and Coffee Cakes; and
- Juices, Coffee, and Mimosas
We hope you can all join us. Please RSVP to Cathy Bokor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 845-462-5862 by December 21st so we know how many to expect.
Members of the Vassar Temple Men’s Club who participated in the annual Men’s Club Shabbat service on November 18, 2016 pose on the Bimah following the service.
Rabbi Paul Golomb, Senior Scholar, honored the group by continuing a recent tradition of reading from the Torah during the service.